Glint Events is searching for a Spring + Summer Intern
It’s that time of year again – Glint Events is looking for an intern!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Glint Events is a Richmond-based wedding and event planning company with offices in historic Scott’s Addition. Established in 2011, they have been named a top wedding planning and event design firm by Richmond Bride Magazine and received numerous awards for their customer service from The Knot and Wedding Wire. At Glint, they strive to make the event planning process fun and easy for their clients! Glint Events also manages all event planning at Historic Mankin Mansion – an award winning wedding and event venue in Richmond.
- Social Media – generate, create, and engage with content across all Glint social media platforms
- Blog – write content and curate photo collections for relevant and engaging content
- Website – update photos, content, manage SEO tagging and resize photos
- Listings – update online business listings with photos, copy, and contact information
- manage mailing lists (both email & snail mail)
- respond to inquiries and schedule meetings and venue tours
- run errands and make deliveries
- data entry into planning software
- assemble and address invitations and save the dates
- manage client and vendor referral programs
Event Coordination Support
- event preparation- prepare timelines, floor plans, and gather supplies
- assist with event set up, coordination, and clean up
- Customer Service – understands that clients come first, and making them happy is a priority
- Self Starter – learns quickly and is able to manage projects and tasks independently
- Communication – can communicate clearly via phone, email, and in person
- Detail Oriented – can manage multiple detailed projects on varying timelines
- Team Player – friendly, approachable, and able to work well with others. Takes direction well.
- Professional Presentation – represents the company’s brand through appearance, communication style, and personality.
- GPA of 3.4 or higher
- proven ability to perform required skills
- experience in the event, marketing, or hospitality industries a plus
- availability during the week and on weekends – we will work around class schedule
- available from March 1, 2017 until at least August 31, 2017
- individual has access to a personal vehicle and personal laptop
- this is an unpaid internship and we will work with class credit criteria and around class schedules
Please send resume and cover letter to the Glint Events team – email@example.com